My Life Spent On Anime: Via Anime-Planet

MetalHeadBard's anime, manga, reviews, recommendations, blogs and lists at Anime-Planet
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad.


So, I am finally getting around to watching Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

This is an odd one for me actually.  As big of a music fan as I am, I usually do not find music oriented animes very appealing.  With that being said, you might be wondering "Why are you watching this then?"  The answer? Oh that is a simple one.  To get my freaking friend off my back! That's why!

A couple weeks ago, a close friend of mine finished this series.  He has a lot of time on his hands, so he was able to finish it all in one day.  He was hooked right away, or so he says.  For the next week all he could talk about was "Beck this" and "Beck that" and "DUDE why haven't you watched this yet?!"  He started to quiet down about it after a long period of me wanting to stab him with a drum stick, until earlier this evening.

The scene: 8:00pm U.S. central time.  Me sitting on my computer after a long soul sucking day at work, trollin' the ol' Facebook.  A few moments go by, and then BAM "DUDE WATCH BECK!!!" I stare at my computer screen.  "Did he really do that?" I wonder.  "After I threatened to stab him in the temple with a drum stick? He has the nerve?!" As I stare at the chat message, rage building, he chimes in with this little note: "Dammit dude, just watch the anime.  I will leave you alone and I know you will like it."  That's all it took.  Suddenly the rage left me, and I noticed that I have been looking for an anime to watch.  So, I have decided to give it a shot.

Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad is 26 episodes long.  With as little free time as I have, it might take me awhile to watch all of this one.  Never the less, I shall en devour to have a rather in depth review for it written up and posted by or on Wednesday Dec. 8th.  

If not, well you guys can grab your pitchforks and torches, and riot or something!  

2 comments:

  1. I rather watch Mecha with laser cannons or bouncing boobies.

    However, I have heard good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and me both my friend. We shall just have to see how this turns out!

    ReplyDelete